Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The Assignment

I so agree with Laryssa. This assignment made me have a new found respect for anyone in the teaching profession. There were times when I could not get out what I wanted. I knew in my head what I wanted to say but to put it down on paper was difficult. I wanted to be precise and did not want to confuse the students. How can I explain it to them without all the complicating and confusing words?

Another problem was actually assigning the work. How much was fair? There came a point when I was like "they are going to hate me" I felt as a student it was a fair amount of work to ask of a student but knowing how some students think, if I was to give my assignment out, there would be more then a couple of grumbles. Come to think of it, so would I! Those were the many challenges that a professor face, and it was only ONE assignment. Can you imagine a WHOLE semester? Kudos to them.

Am I the only who had trouble with the grading? I really did not know how to grade the assignment. I did know what would make a 2.o paper and a 4.0 paper but i could not find a grading policy. Whew! Who knew that this would be so hard?

No comments: